I know, opinions are like assholes: everyone has one.
But not that I want to smell you're stinky ass, but I do want to hear what my visitors think about gun prices.
Is a LUX worth $1400? Is an Ego 9 worth $1200? Is a DM9 worth $1400? Is a Spyder worth $200? Is a Shocker worth $800?
What's your idea of a fair price for a paintball marker? Are DM9's worth that cash or what do you think they are worth?
Personally I don't think ANY marker is worth over $1000, but then again the free market says it's worth what someone will pay for it. If people pay $1400 for a DM9, then Dye says it's for sure worth it. And I guess if enough people buy them at that price that Dye won't feel the need to change it.
If a LUX was $1000 would you buy one? I think I would, but why?
WDP drove the price of markers over $1000 with the introduction of the Angel LCD, and since then the market hasn't looked back.
Some companies out there have tried to come in and uncut those prices, like ICD and Dangerous Power, but so far, even though successful in getting their foot in the door, they haven't succeeded in knocking off the big boys with their lower prices. Is that because of perceived value in the cheaper priced products, or in real build quality and features? But then again, don't we all really just want the gun to reliably go BANG and send paintballs on their glorious journey towards someones face?
What are your thoughts?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment